Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shufflin' Thro My Ipod-"Behind Blue Eyes"

Having recently gotten off my arse and gotten my pc fixed I'm now in the position of being able to download music to my ipod again,since I'm not in the lap of luxury of being able to go to gigs all the time I figured every so often I'd look at some of the tunes on my ipod and what they mean to me.
I opted to kick off w/ The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes"

This has long been a favourite tune of mine that's taken on new meaning recently,I always saw it as an angry song but recent events have found me looking at it from a new perspective.
Limp Bizkit's cover of it was pretty decent but nothing comes close to the original,and time will tell if the line
"my love is vengeance that's never free"rings true or if"no one knows what it's like to be the bad man,to be the sad man behind blue eyes
no one knows what it's like to be hated,to be fated telling only lies"will be the defining lyrics from this Pete Townsend gem
\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment